Boise VA Medical Center
Medical Foster Home Program
Medical Foster Home Program (MFH) is a voluntary program that offers safe, long-term care in a home like setting. MFH is an affordable comprehensive care housing alternative for Veterans. The program is managed under the Assistant Chief of Staff for Non-Institutional Care at the Boise VA Medical Center. Regular comprehensive case management visits are made by the Home Based Primary Care Team: Advanced RN Practioner, Nurse, Social Worker, Dietician, Psychologist, Occupational Therapist and Recreational Therapist.
Program Offices are located at 960 S. Broadway Ave. Boise, Idaho 83702
Phone number is (208) 780-6256
Hours of Operation are: Monday thru Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm
Medical Foster Homes offer:
- Furnished private room
- 24-hour care plan (Caregiver lives in home and provides hands on daily care)
- Medication Management
- Personal care (dressing, grooming, bathing, etc.)
- Meals, laundry, cleaning
- Flexible daily routine with various recreational options
- Long term care option
- Signed care agreement between caregiver and the veterans or legal representative
- Personalized care
- Maximum of 3 residents per home
- High levels of caregiver and veteran satisfaction
- Located withing 40 mile radius of the Treasure Valley
Medical Foster Home Caregivers must:
- Pass annual inspection by the VA Inspection Team
- Be licensed by the State of Idaho as a 'Certified Family Home'
- Own or rent the MFH, and be experienced in providing patient care
- Be 21 years or older and financially stable
- Be flexible and have positive problem solving skills
- Be physically capable to provide care
- Have written backup plan if unable to provide care
- Ensure a friendly homelike atmosphere
- Work with the VA Home Care Team
- Create a compassionate, family like environment
- Complete annual training
- Private pay (Average rates are based on care needs)
- Long-term Care Insurance
- VA Regional Office
- State funding
For more information about the MFH Program please click here to download the Boise MFH Program Brochure.
Watch the American Veteran Video on Medical Foster Homes by clicking here.
Watch an NBC story on Medical Foster Homes by clicking here.
Watch a USA Today story on Medical Foster Homes by clicking here.
Watch a VA Blogs story on Medical Foster Home by clicking here.
- 960 S. Broadway Ave. Boise, ID 83702
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 7:30am to 4:00pm